Failed to configure the base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment: Index service configuration failed

Jump to solution
03-11-2021 08:59 AM
chintakandel
New Contributor III

I’ve installed Install ArcGIS Enterprise Builder (10.8.1) and used the configuration wizard to complete our base deployment. The wizard require to upgrade Arc Enterprise and failed to upgrade (index service configuration failed). I’ve tried command line utility and got same error: the base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment upgrade is required.

I don’t understand why it is forcing upgrade since I’ve installed latest version (10.8.). Can I bypass this upgrade? I don’t quite understand about the index service configuration failed error.

I would appreciate for any solution or workaround.

Thanks,

Chintamani

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
İSMAİLGÖKDUMAN
New Contributor III

I was able to solve the problem. After correcting the localhost redirect in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\host I deleted the C:\arcgis\arcgisportal\db folder and redistributed it. problem solved

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there,

Could you specify whether or not the machine has an existing 10.8 deployment already on it, and you are attempting to install enterprise builder 10.8.1 on that same machine?

From your post it reads that you started installing an environment and are trying to use enterprise builder to finish it, is that correct?

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Once site creation fails with the "index service configuration failed" error, the "db" folder is left over in the C:\arcgisportal, (or equivalent path on your system). This tells portal to upgrade. If this is a new site, stop portal, delete the db folder, and try again. If it continues, I'd suggest contacting Support as index service related problems are challenging to resolve.

İSMAİLGÖKDUMAN
New Contributor III

I had the same problem, even though I did a clean install from scratch on a single machine, it still didn't work with arcgis builder. Anyone find a solution to the problem?

0 Kudos
İSMAİLGÖKDUMAN
New Contributor III

I was able to solve the problem. After correcting the localhost redirect in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\host I deleted the C:\arcgis\arcgisportal\db folder and redistributed it. problem solved