Export style information of webmap layers

Jump to solution
05-12-2021 08:24 AM
CarstenHogertz
New Contributor II

Dear community,

my problem: we have styled colour, visibility range, transparency, popups of many layers coming from one service in a portal's 10.7.1 webmap.

If we now add a layer to the service via APRO by "Overwriting Web Layer" APRO warns us that the layers popup definition etc. will be lost in the portal's webmap. 

Two questions: 

1. Is there any workaround to avoid this?

2. Is it possible to export the webmap's style definition so that after the overwriting of the layer these styles could be imported again (instead of configurate popups, colors etc. manually)?

Thanks alot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi yes,  but it depends on where the definition have been setup. But if you go to agol assistance and log in,

https://ago-assistant.esri.com/

you can download the json representation of the webmap/feature layer. Then after publishing, you can just replace the json with the one you saved.  Just make sure you save a copy before you make any modification so that you can rollback in case you manage to break something.

If you configure the popup definition on the webmap instead of the feature layer, I don't think it gets overwritten if you republish as the defintion is stored on the webmap and not the feature layer itself.

VictorTey_0-1620909368332.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi yes,  but it depends on where the definition have been setup. But if you go to agol assistance and log in,

https://ago-assistant.esri.com/

you can download the json representation of the webmap/feature layer. Then after publishing, you can just replace the json with the one you saved.  Just make sure you save a copy before you make any modification so that you can rollback in case you manage to break something.

If you configure the popup definition on the webmap instead of the feature layer, I don't think it gets overwritten if you republish as the defintion is stored on the webmap and not the feature layer itself.

VictorTey_0-1620909368332.png

0 Kudos
CarstenHogertz
New Contributor II

Hi!

Thanks for your answer. Will mark that as the accepted solution! But

@VictorTey  schrieb:

At least that's what APRO says when publishing via "Overwrite weblayer". It says something like "overwriting the weblayer will overwrite all popup configuration".

Thanks

0 Kudos