Export of Portal repository fails due to missing item folder

06-12-2019 04:26 PM
EricJackson1
New Contributor III

We are seeing this error in our DR Tool backup log. 

2019-06-11 20:30:35 ERROR [pool-2-thread-1] com.esri.arcgis.webgis.component.Portal - {"error":{"code":500,"details":null,"message":"Failed to export site. Export of the Portal repository failed. D:\\arcgisportal\\content\\items\\0b2ddccc355247f09bdac514024e9244"}}

The Portal \Content\items folder is indeed missing this folder. 

I manually created a folder with the referenced GUID and the Site Export succeeds.  

Will we have a problem if we ever try to restore from this site export?  Does it make sense that a single missing item folder would break the export?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
EricJackson1
New Contributor III

The Export Site succeeded and the DR Tool also completed.  Don't know if a Restore from that DR backup would work but will assume that it would, for now. 

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

This is a bug, I don't think it's been logged yet though. Your workaround is valid and shouldn't cause any issues.

0 Kudos
EricJackson1
New Contributor III

Thank you Jonathan.  That's good to know. 

0 Kudos
JaredYost3
New Contributor III

Jonathon, I have the same issue, however the folder it says doesn't exist, does.

C:\\arcgisportal\\content\\items\\eddcd6033d4747e9b302183985f1121a is not the sub directory of the directory C:\\\\arcgisportal\\content"}Has the bug been logged? any workaround when the file actually exists or am I not looking in the right directory?

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Double check the content path within Portaladmin. Is it set to C:\\arcgisportal\\content, or C:\\\arcgisportal\content? It should only have two slashes in between each folder level.

0 Kudos
JaredYost3
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Edit the content directory to remove the doubled up slashes in the connection string. It should just be C:\\arcgisportal\\content and try again.

0 Kudos
JaredYost3
New Contributor III

That fixed my issue perfectly.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
HéctorMeléndez
Esri Contributor

Hi, I'm getting the same error with webgisdr. The item does exist but fails to find it. In my case the content directory is on a  shared location. How many '\\\\' should it have?

Failed to back up the Portal for ArcGIS:
Url: https://my.portal.url/portal.
{"error":{"code":500,"details":null,"message":"Failed to export site. Export of the Portal repository failed. java.lang.Exception: Source file does not exist or is not a file. File path = \\\\my.share.directory\\fileshare01\\arcgisportal\\content\\items\\1df24126fb13421597ae69739bda14f2\\esriinfo\\thumbnail\\ago_downloaded.png"}}

This is how the content directory is specified on the portaladmin:

{"provider":"FileSystem","connectionString":"\\\\my.share.directory\\fileshare01\\arcgisportal\\content","type":"fileStore"}

0 Kudos