ESRI default print service error in AGOL WAB Print widget

08-23-2018 05:11 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using the ESRI default print service URL in the print widget in several Web AppBuilder apps and it's returning an error in only one of the apps. The error text reads "Object doesn't support property or method 'hasVisualVariables' and appears immediately when hitting the Print button (see attached graphic). Once you get the error, it pretty much kills printing for the session. I don't know why other Web AppBuilder apps using the same print service and widget don't have this problem. I've removed the print widget and added it back to the app and it still errors out. The app in question is our Historical Imagery Viewer if anyone would like to test it. Browsers tested are IE 11.0.80 and Edge 40.15063.674.0 with EdgeHTML 15.15063. Our office doesn't have access to Firefox or Chrome, but I did see this error in Chrome on my personal laptop once or twice as well. I appreciate your help.

I'll probably be using an internal print service soon but this is all I have for now.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

This is in some way related to your legend - I'm thinking it's dynamically generated maybe? If I choose the 'map only' template, it works. 

Seems potentially related to BUG-000099816: When printing a map using the Print widget in Web Ap.. . 

I'd follow up with Support Services to be sure.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will do because the only other way I can print is to uncheck the "Include Legend" box in the print widget's advanced settings. I thought maybe it was one of my layers, but my testing says otherwise. Thanks.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I get an error message saying "q.renderer.hasVisualVariables is not a function, which is different from your error message.

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

it does not appear to be an issue with print service, rather an issue with the Print Widget. I see when 'Include Legend' is checked (thanks for the tip), the app/print widget does not even make any request to the print service. It fails right there.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem solved. I had recently applied a contrast stretch on the 2017 image service on the source web map. Removing the stretch fixed the print error.

0 Kudos