Error registring the dataStore with ArcGIS Server

Jump to solution
07-11-2018 03:37 AM
SaraEL_MALKI
Occasional Contributor II

Hello guys,

I'm configuring my dataStore 10.5.1 with the ArcGIS Server on Windows Server 2008 R2,

when I clicked on finish I got the error above!

I read all the documentation about the configuration, the only thing that I didn't get is the highlighted sentence:

because during the configuration, I used my "siteadmin" user which is the admin of my arcgis server site, what is a BUILT-IN user ?? 

EDIT:

progress: the built-in user used in siteadmin ( and it's not the source of error)

I have found the log file of datastore and it's saying that it can't find POSTGRES !!!

( the logfile is in french)

pg_restore: [programme d'archivage (db)] Erreur pendant le traitement de la TOC (« PROCESSING TOC ») :
pg_restore: [programme d'archivage (db)] Erreur à partir de l'entrée TOC 2863 ; 0 0 ACL public postgres
pg_restore: [programme d'archivage (db)] could not execute query: ERREUR: le rôle « postgres » n'existe pas
La commande était : REVOKE ALL ON SCHEMA public FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON SCHEMA public FROM postgres;
GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO postgres;
ATTENTION : erreurs ignorées lors de la restauration : 1

but why it is searching for postgres ?? because I wanna work with Oracle as relational database !

Randall Williams‌ Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

nope, it's built into the installer for Data Store. We(Esri) take care of all of the back end stuff.  ArcGIS Data Store is intended to be a hands off data cache.

I'd like to point you to a white paper from Esri about this very subject: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/enterprise-gis/arcgis-enterprise/blog/2018/06/13/esri-white... 

Give this a once through, and if you find you have further questions, I'll be happy to help you.

Jacob is a Sr. Solution Architect for Esri Professional Services and loves conservation planning, woodworking, LEGO, and his dogs.

View solution in original post

RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor
8 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sara,

Apologies for the delay.

A 'built in' user means a user refers to a user created using the default ArcGIS Server configuration using the built-in user and role store,  as opposed to a user from an enterprise user store (like LDAP/Active Directory).

The siteadmin account you mention is an example of a built-in user.

0 Kudos
SaraEL_MALKI

I checked the log file and it says that it couldn't connect with PostgreSql،  but why it is searching for postgres ?? because I want to work with Oracle. 

do I need to configure something in order ti change postgres to oracle ??

0 Kudos
JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

Data Store uses a PostgreSQL instance for the Relational Data Store.  That is why you are seeing PostgreSQL errors.

Jacob is a Sr. Solution Architect for Esri Professional Services and loves conservation planning, woodworking, LEGO, and his dogs.
SaraEL_MALKI

so I need to install PostgreSql ??!

JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

nope, it's built into the installer for Data Store. We(Esri) take care of all of the back end stuff.  ArcGIS Data Store is intended to be a hands off data cache.

I'd like to point you to a white paper from Esri about this very subject: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/enterprise-gis/arcgis-enterprise/blog/2018/06/13/esri-white... 

Give this a once through, and if you find you have further questions, I'll be happy to help you.

RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Sara,

I'd like to understand what you'd like to do, since you mention Oracle but you also mention the Data Store. 

Is your intention to deploy a 'base enterprise deployment' of ArcGIS, consisting of Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, and the ArcGIS Data Store?

Or is your intention to register an instance of Oracle as an enterprise geodatabase with your ArcGIS Deployment?

The configuration workflows differ, which is why I'm asking.

SaraEL_MALKI

it is absolutely the second option ! 

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor