Error activating ArcGIS Server 10.1

03-08-2013 11:16 PM
SaqibMehmood
New Contributor
I am facing an issue while authorizing the ArcGIS Server 10.1 and error message is

"activation code ECP********* - 7288:The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because fulfill count exceeded the available seat count. [Incident# 7310-15146913]"

The full scenario is:

1. I installed and authorized the ArcGIS Server 10.1 successfully on one server.
2. We need to uninstall and install the server on other machine, which we did.... but while activating it gives above mentioned error.

I tried to find out how to deauthorize or deactivate the Server from previous machine, but I did not find anything for ArcGIS Server.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
You can't deauthorize Server like desktop.  However, possible keycodes file corruption. Try renaming or deleting the keycodes file

This is typically in C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.1\sysgen folder.

After this is done, try authorizing again. If it fails, you may have exceeded your licenses.
0 Kudos
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II
Budda's steps are good. If it still fails with this error, check your Customer Care portal - http://customers.esri.com. Go to Authorization and Provisioning and check that you have an available license for Server 10.1
0 Kudos