Error 001487- Error while publishing map service

03-05-2019 11:52 PM
SOVANHALDER
New Contributor III

Hi,

We are trying to publish a simple map service using enterprise geodatabase in ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 (in a federated environment) and getting Error 001487. 1st time the publishing was successful and data was copied in the server. From next time onward it is failing. ArcGIS service account has full access in arcgissystem/arcgisinput. 

The issue is occurring with particular one geodatabase.

Please help.

TIA

S

0 Kudos
13 Replies
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

can you describe the geodatabase characteristics?

ArcSDE version: 10.6.1??

RDBMS: ???

version: ???

database user you are using?

rdbms client on the arcgis server machine: ??

0 Kudos
SOVANHALDER
New Contributor III

The geodatabase is multi schema geodatabase. I can publish map service from a different schema in the same geodatabase. But one particular schema is giving issue.

We compared permissions on two schemas and found SELECT_ANY_TABLE privilege was missing in the affected schema. The issue is not resolved even after assigning the privilege to the affected schema.

Any help??

TIA

S

0 Kudos
SOVANHALDER
New Contributor III

We have found that the issue was in the data as it was cloned from another db. We simply copy, paste and renamed each feature class which solved the problem.

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

My two cents here:  I was just pulling my hair out trying to solve this error.  It was popping up on an mxd that had been published many times before without any problems.  Granted, it was a moderately complex mxd (67 layers.)  But it had published and overwritten the service many times when all of the sudden the 001487 error gets in the way.

I tried a number of things, including deleting the service and publishing from scratch but no luck.

Then I remembered that I typically published this from a Win 7 VM with ArcMap 10.4.1  installed.

I was trying from my desktop with 10.2.2 (and yes, the mxd was a 10.2.2. version , having been saved that way.)

That was all it took.  First try publishing from ArcMap 10.4.1 and the modifications were up and running and no more Error: 001487

I have no idea if this will correct anyone else's issues but at least be aware of this fix that worked for me.  Might save others lots of time. ( I did not try from a 10.3.x box or anything > 10.4.1

What is also somewhat strange is taht I am pretty certain that the previous publication of this mxd was from the 10.2.2 environment.  go fig'r 

BTW - I have been pulling this error and/or some others very similar to it while trying to publish to some Portal linked servers, etc...  I'm going to jump that work into 10.4.1 and see what happens.  If I have success, I will report back here 

EDIT: yes, the newer version of ArcMap made all the difference.