Error 001487- Error while publishing map service

03-05-2019 11:52 PM
SOVANHALDER
New Contributor III

Hi,

We are trying to publish a simple map service using enterprise geodatabase in ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 (in a federated environment) and getting Error 001487. 1st time the publishing was successful and data was copied in the server. From next time onward it is failing. ArcGIS service account has full access in arcgissystem/arcgisinput. 

The issue is occurring with particular one geodatabase.

Please help.

TIA

S

0 Kudos
13 Replies
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sovan

a related post is this https://community.esri.com/message/654226-publishing-issues-error-001369-001487-001488 

the map service you are trying to publish is it a query layer?

0 Kudos
SOVANHALDER
New Contributor III

Hi,

It is a simple feature class.

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Sovan,

Some more troubleshooting steps:

• In ArcMap, click Geoprocessing > Results > Current Session > Upload Service Definition > Messages. Do you see any more descriptive error messages here?
  • Re-establish the server connection (Catalog > GIS Servers > Add Server...) and try publishing through the new connection.
  • Check the status of PublishingTools through ArcGIS Server Manager.
  • Copy the feature class to a file geodatabase and try publishing from there.

-Josh

0 Kudos
SOVANHALDER
New Contributor III

Hi Josh,

In  Geoprocessing > Results > Current Session > Upload Service Definition > Messages it is Error-001487 and error001369.

We tried server connectiona nd db connection but no luck

Publishing Tool is fine

When I copied feature layer in FDGB and tried to publish it is giving error when I am trying to register the layer's data source in server

S

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

What if you simply copy the feature class from the FGDB to the server, instead of attempting to reference it?

If you are able to copy data to the server, I suspect something is up with the PublishingToolsEx service. Can you verify that this service is running? This service is hidden from Server Manager and the only way to check it's status is through the Server Admin endpoint.

-Josh

0 Kudos
SOVANHALDER
New Contributor III

I can publish from other database. Only one particular database is giving trouble. It worked for first time when I opted for not to register data source and let the data copied in the server. After that it started failing.

Our client was facing the issue before I tried.

S

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Is that particular database validating through Server Manager? (Server Manager > Site > Data Stores > Validate). If not, try removing the broken connection and re-registering.

0 Kudos
SOVANHALDER
New Contributor III

I have validated, reregistered.. but nothing is working for that particular schema. Other schema in the same geodatabase has no issue.

S

0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

I assume you are using Oracle DBMS.
The account you are using for the database connection on the map service is the schema owner?

If not, try to use the schema owner for testing purposes.

0 Kudos