ERROR 001272: Analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 7).

07-03-2012 07:23 AM
AlanToms
Occasional Contributor
Hello folks,

When trying to publish a map service am I get the followin error, ERROR 001272: Analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 7).  I have been able to track the issue to the definition query.  If a layer's defintion query has SHAPE.STLength() or SHAPE.STArea() in the query it will throw the error, but those are valid queries created using the Query Builder.  I have been unable to find details about ERROR 001272.  Any suggestions for a soltion?

Thakn you
Alan
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
48 Replies
JenniferRoberts
New Contributor
Any chance does your mxd or this layer have a spatial view, I am having a similar problem and am wondering if you cannot publish a spatial view to ArcSever.  My service which is getting this error is currently published in 10 and we are trying to now publish it in 10.1
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Try adding quotes   on the text field values in the definition query.
0 Kudos
AlanToms
Occasional Contributor
It is not a spatial view.

Adding quotes does not work as the quotes are incorrect syntax and this isnt a text value;  I tried it anyways and it threw a bad SQL message.
0 Kudos
tms2000
New Contributor
Had the same error with a definition query on SHAPE.area > 15.  Removed the query and the service published fine.
0 Kudos
AlanToms
Occasional Contributor
Had the same error with a definition query on SHAPE.area > 15.  Removed the query and the service published fine.

Yes, but I need to have the definition query.  I'll think I'll put a ticket in with Esri Support.
0 Kudos
JenniferRoberts
New Contributor
Hello folks,

When trying to publish a map service am I get the followin error, ERROR 001272: Analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 7).  I have been able to track the issue to the definition query.  If a layer's defintion query has SHAPE.STLength() or SHAPE.STArea() in the query it will throw the error, but those are valid queries created using the Query Builder.  I have been unable to find details about ERROR 001272.  Any suggestions for a soltion?

Thakn you
Alan

We have the same problem (anyone trying to publish community mapping mxd's will!) I have heard from ESRI that the problem with a definition query on the shape.area/length that this is a bug. We are going to do some testing to see if we change the layer to a query layer if the same error will persist.  Will let you know how we make out but it is something you might want to try. 🙂
0 Kudos
AledJones
New Contributor
Yes, but I need to have the definition query.  I'll think I'll put a ticket in with Esri Support.

Hi Alan,

Have ESRI support replied yet? I've taken one of our servers offline to perform the upgrade and now I can't carry on due to this issue.

Regards,

Aled
0 Kudos
AlanToms
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

ESRI is aware of the problem.  Bug NIM082764: Analyzer error 00007: Layer's definition query is invalid is appearing when publishing unexpectedly when publishing enterprise data with a definition expression based on the geometry fields.

Alan
0 Kudos
AledJones
New Contributor
Hello,

ESRI is aware of the problem.  Bug NIM082764: Analyzer error 00007: Layer's definition query is invalid is appearing when publishing unexpectedly when publishing enterprise data with a definition expression based on the geometry fields.

Alan

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't find any reference to 'NIM082764' but I did find this one 'NIM083369' - I suppose the only possible solution is to duplicate the area fields?

Aled
0 Kudos