ERROR 001272: Analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 7).

07-03-2012 07:23 AM
AlanToms
Occasional Contributor
Hello folks,

When trying to publish a map service am I get the followin error, ERROR 001272: Analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 7).  I have been able to track the issue to the definition query.  If a layer's defintion query has SHAPE.STLength() or SHAPE.STArea() in the query it will throw the error, but those are valid queries created using the Query Builder.  I have been unable to find details about ERROR 001272.  Any suggestions for a soltion?

Thakn you
Alan
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
48 Replies
MladenSimic1
New Contributor II

I have the same issue with 10.2.2.

The problem was because I had fc and standalone table joined using the option "Join data based on a predefined relationship class." Joining data using the option "Join attributes from a table" solved the problem.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also experiencing this issue on ArcGIS 10.3.1. On Oracle 12c.

0 Kudos
RobertRoyce1
New Contributor

I have ArcMap 10.2.0.3348.  I can't update beyond that due to a secondary software requirement.  

This definition query issue appears to still be a problem.  Here is my simple definition based upon the joined table column.  

BlinkHistory.dbo.Blink_History_7Day.Blink_Count >= 6

ERROR 001272 7 7 7

I can see the data I'm querying perfectly in ArcMap.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Previously we have also faced similar type of issue but in different category after publishing of service map services is not visible in in arc map its due to != keyword used in mxd to we replaced the query according to ArcMap supported query and its got resolved.

Try to correct query 

0 Kudos
RobertRoyce1
New Contributor

Avinash, Thank you.  However, I don't think that is my problem,  the query is straight out of the ArcMap Definition Query Builder.  That said, thanks for sharing as its good to know that, if I ever get that type of error though that the services is that particular.

0 Kudos
SeanDingman
New Contributor

For us, this was a path length limitation that caused all of the problems. In my case, when I wrote the draft service to a directory closer to the root, the errors disappeared.  

0 Kudos
RobertRoyce1
New Contributor

Sean, Thank you for the suggestion.   Unfortunately, this is as close to the root as I can get, I suppose I could try shortening the table names, but if that is my problem this avenue is doomed before I start, as this isn't the production version.

0 Kudos
_John_Royce_
New Contributor

Did anyone ever figure out the unlucky 7 error 001272?  We upgraded to 10.5.1 after years of being software constrained.   The MXD is heavily riddled with definition queries.  I hope definition queries were not the cause.

0 Kudos
JacobMaggard
Occasional Contributor II

I have just encountered this issue when re-publishing a service that has been in use for over a year.

The detective work / differences:

I added some new bathymetry layers to this large group layer.

I published (overwrite) yesterday with all the data coming from a known / registered database source (RO user, SDE).  As we know, a 2GB raster shouldn't be housed in SDE, but I do this when I have one piece of a 91 FC dataset that is a raster.  I digress.  The publishing worked, but I thought the bathy was a tad slow -- and I wanted to relieve some workload from my SQL Server over time.

So, today, I re-pathed the bathy layers to the RW user (which isn't registered, on purpose) to get ArcGIS Server to copy the files local (as they don't change).  I have some modulus queries on the contours (e.g. 100 ft in one layer and 500 ft in another).  These are in SQL Server SDE snytax (obviously).  

My guess is that when copying local to the ArcGIS Server (FGDB), the def query conversion isn't being made or isn't being made correctly.

I know how to workaround from here, but I hope this helps someone.

-Jake

www.setld.com

0 Kudos