ERROR 001272: Analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 7).

07-03-2012 07:23 AM
AlanToms
Occasional Contributor
Hello folks,

When trying to publish a map service am I get the followin error, ERROR 001272: Analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 7).  I have been able to track the issue to the definition query.  If a layer's defintion query has SHAPE.STLength() or SHAPE.STArea() in the query it will throw the error, but those are valid queries created using the Query Builder.  I have been unable to find details about ERROR 001272.  Any suggestions for a soltion?

Thakn you
Alan
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
48 Replies
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III
The SP1 Server side does not fix the issue.

Though the workaround discussed works, I do not like how the workaround works as selecting 'no connection' merely means the data is exported OUT of the SDE into a registered database created by the service and copied to ArcServer. 
This means more datasets to maintain and not a good streamline of updating SDE datasets which would not pass to the service.

Is there not a fix for this at all ESRI?
0 Kudos
MichaelRobb
This is properly addressed and no longer an issue with any shape.ST () in expressions in arc10.2!
0 Kudos
MikeLouwrens
It works for me if I publish it this way. In the Share as Service windows selects option 'Save a service definition file'.
Then, selecting the option 'No available connection'. Then choose the location where you want to save the definition file.
Use ArcCatalog to browse to the just created definition file and right click and select 'Publish as a Service'.

Hope this workaround also works for you guys.
This solution worked for me also.

Cheers,
Mike.
0 Kudos
AlexanderBaker
New Contributor III
I had the same issue with the SHAPE_Area field changing to SHAPE.STArea() field when moving feature class from a file geodatabase to SDE. When sourcing my data in the Local Government General Purpose Template to the newly copied feature classes in SDE with the SHAPE.STArea() field name, Drawing Errors occurred based on the Syntax being different.

This only occurred with feature classes that had definition queries using the SHAPE_Area fields.

If you change your definition expression to Ex. SHAPE.STArea() > 6000 instead of "SHAPE.STArea()" > 6000 / WITHOUT QUOTES
it works. No more drawing errors.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
MatthewFletcher
Occasional Contributor
I have 10.1 installed on my desktop computer, ran into this error (which directed me to this forum 🙂 ).  Logged onto our GIS Server running 10.2, the service published with no problems.
0 Kudos
SeanDingman
New Contributor
I fought with this for a while over the weekend and installed the SP1, but it still didn't work.  I believe that it has to do with the permissions to the cache folder (e.g., C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Esri\Desktop10.1\Staging).  If I change the path of this folder or run ArcGIS for Desktop as administrator, everything works fine.
0 Kudos
AzizaParveen2
New Contributor III
Using service definition file worked for me

My definition query didn't even use any geometry field, the query was based on a attribute field. I am using 10.2.
MirceaUngurean
New Contributor
It works for me if I publish it this way. In the Share as Service windows selects option 'Save a service definition file'.
Then, selecting the option 'No available connection'. Then choose the location where you want to save the definition file.
Use ArcCatalog to browse to the just created definition file and right click and select 'Publish as a Service'.

This worked for me. It is really nice workaround for such a nasty problem.
0 Kudos
BrianLocke
Occasional Contributor II
I had the same problem, changed by DB connection Props from DB authentication to OS authentication and worked for me.
0 Kudos
CassandraGray
New Contributor III

Beauty! Worked at a client site where we're severely hampered with permissions, etc. at 10.2.1. Thank you!!
0 Kudos