Enterprise sites - public download

Jump to solution
02-28-2020 12:34 AM
BarboraKocvarova
New Contributor

Hi, in AG Enterprise there is a possibility to share my data with everyone, but when someone from public (unsigned person) wants to download my data (which I allowed to be public) from my sites, he can't. Is there any possibility how to fix it? Thank you.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apologies for the delayed response. In order for a file to be available for download by anonymous users (viewers) it must first be requested by a Creator user. There is a known limitation for ArcGIS Server that only allows Creator users to use the extract operation. Once creators request a download of a given file format, the Sites application can then make the file available for anonymous users to download.

0 Kudos
Pei-SanTsai
New Contributor III

How does that work?  Sorry I don't quiet understand what you meant by "must first be requested by a Creator user & Once creators request a download of a given file format, the Sites application can then make the file available for anonymous users to download."

Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

Not sure if I correctly understood your post, but here is what I did and it still didn't work:

1. Log in Portal as Creator user. Go to data item page. Select Export Data - Export to Shapefile

2. Share the newly created Shapefile in Portal to public

3. Add the newly shared Shapefile in Portal to Site's Content Library

After that, I opened an incognito window and browsed to the site's item page. The download button was still disabled. Even the hint "you must be signed in..." was gone. My Portal is 10.9. Will your solution work for me?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User Is there an update for Enterprise 10.9? I have a case open in My Esri but there has been no progress in solving this issue. Did I do something wrong in the above steps?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Martin1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks!! The download works now. However, it seems that ArcGIS Enterprise always creates its own download files, even though I have pre-created them with the  "Export Data" function. Is there documentation somewhere, on how these download files need to be created to they are being used (e.g. if they need to be copied to the item-exports folder) ? Can I trigger the download file creation programmatically, so I can make sure that they are re-created e.g. all 24 hours? 

0 Kudos
RosemaryHatch
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Checking in 2 years later - are there any updates to the ability to export/download data (ideally similar to a clip and ship functionality) within Enterprise Sites? Without having the creator user type to generate this first?

BarboraKocvarova
New Contributor

Thank you both for your responds, the problem is solved.

0 Kudos