Enterprise sites - public download

Jump to solution
02-28-2020 12:34 AM
BarboraKocvarova
New Contributor

Hi, in AG Enterprise there is a possibility to share my data with everyone, but when someone from public (unsigned person) wants to download my data (which I allowed to be public) from my sites, he can't. Is there any possibility how to fix it? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi both - anonymous downloads of data is something that can only work in a few circumstances:

• You are on 10.8 or 10.7.1 with General Patch 1 for Enterprise Sites 
  • Your data is in a Hosted Feature Service with Export/Extract enabled (settings for the feature service)
  • A creator user type generates a download (this will be an item/cache of data)
  • Both the download item & the source item are shared publicly

It's on the long term roadmap to bring a more robust download system into Enterprise but not yet slated for a future release.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

In order for the community to answer this question, you'll need to provide more details. 

What error is the user seeing?

How is the ArcGIS Server instance federated with the Portal?

What data is the user attempting to download?

How are they accessing the site - like, did you pass them a link, or are they browsing through?

0 Kudos
BarboraKocvarova
New Contributor

1) The download button gets gray, the user can't see any error. Now I have version 10.7 and the button is just gray without any comment, but when I had 10.6, it wrote something like "you have to be signed in to download this data". 

2) I don't know how is it federated.

3) Some geodata (in shapefile) loaded to portal like hosted feature layer.

4) I passed them a link.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi both - anonymous downloads of data is something that can only work in a few circumstances:

• You are on 10.8 or 10.7.1 with General Patch 1 for Enterprise Sites 
  • Your data is in a Hosted Feature Service with Export/Extract enabled (settings for the feature service)
  • A creator user type generates a download (this will be an item/cache of data)
  • Both the download item & the source item are shared publicly

It's on the long term roadmap to bring a more robust download system into Enterprise but not yet slated for a future release.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is having an issue in 10.8.1 which we are working on addressing via a patch

Martin1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I am working with 10.8.1 and was facing the same issues. Changing the Export/Extract settings already helped making the download button usable now. However, nothing happens when clicking it and choosing a download format. Could you please explain which exact steps you mean with "A creator user type generates a download (this will be an item/cache of data)"? 

I am using the "export data" function to create a shapefile. However, even when sharing it publicly, the download button for the feature-service will not work.

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

we're working it as fast as we can

Martin1
Occasional Contributor

Portal for ArcGIS 10.8 Enterprise Sites Patch 1  is available now.
Can you confirm that it solves the issues mentioned above?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1 Enterprise Sites Patch 1 

The issue of anonymous downloading when the above circumstances are met is resolved in patch 1 for 10.8.1 (the link you posted in 10.8...there's a difference).

Apologies for the delay

Pei-SanTsai
New Contributor III

I have installed Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1 Enterprise Site Patch 1 & 2, also the Home application patch.  I'm still having issue for download some of the hosted feature data, all shared publicly and with Export/Exact function checked.  Download button is available for "Viewer" user, but when I clicked on shapefile or any other option, it wouldn't download.  There were a few feature data, I was only able to download the Excel file but not shapefile or any other option.  So when I tried as "Creator" user, I didn't have issue like Viewer, I was able to download shapefile, Excel, etc.  I'm looking for some helps to resolve the issues I'm having.  

0 Kudos