Enable Point-in-time recovery on ArcGIS Data Store 10.5

Jump to solution
09-26-2019 04:09 AM
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

I am following this guide to make a backup of my Enterprise 10.5: Migrate to a new machine in ArcGIS Enterprise using the WebGIS DR tool 

At point 6 it reds

Create a backup with the WebGIS DR tool

Following the guide Create an ArcGIS Enterprise backup—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise for 10.5, I read that I am supposed to have point-in-time enabled in my Data Store.

The ArcGIS Data Store relational data store in your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment must have point-in-time recovery enabled.

Reading ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise, it seems the right tool to to enable is found in cd C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\DataStore\tools.

The command I am trying to run from an Administrator command prompt is

changedbproperties.bat --store relational --pitr enable

However, when I do it, I receive the error Error encountered: Invalid parameter <enable>.

Looking at the utility help by doing changedbproperties.bat --help, I don't see any pitr option, although the aforementioned documentation reads otherwise.

I am now stuck as it seems a prerequisites to run the WebGIS DR utility to make the backup.

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlessandroValra

Sorry, the answer was just at the end of the explanation of the pitr parameter:

This option is new in ArcGIS Data Store 10.5.1.

ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlessandroValra

Sorry, the answer was just at the end of the explanation of the pitr parameter:

This option is new in ArcGIS Data Store 10.5.1.

ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

0 Kudos