Easy "quick start" on how to get ArcGIS Enterprise running on AWS?

Jump to solution
02-18-2019 11:33 AM
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I feel like I'm really in the dark here. I read through this guide and associated links

Quick-start guide—ArcGIS Enterprise on AWS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

but, there are still many questions I have without obvious answers. I am just wondering if I just need to call Esri Support (tomorrow, since today is a US holiday) and see if they have helpful hints.

In any case, when trying to launch Enterprise, do I need to launch from a website or through EC2? The documentation lists neither:

I read this awesome blog post:

https://community.esri.com/community/education/blog/2017/08/11/launch-arcgis-enterprise-in-aws-items... 

but, still have questions on VPC settings. Can I just use whatever VPC was defaulted for me? Or is there a step-by-step process on "  

A new security group was created in a VPC with all required ArcGIS ports (see ports used by ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Data Store)

" as mentioned in the above blog?

And, at the end of the setup, is there documentation on security group settings and key pair settings in order to make my Launch button active?

Basically, what do I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Ok, so to follow up, the best bet to chat with Esri Support. They were a tremendous help in getting me on my way. They also said that since AWS so new the documentation is still being developed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Ok, so to follow up, the best bet to chat with Esri Support. They were a tremendous help in getting me on my way. They also said that since AWS so new the documentation is still being developed.

0 Kudos