Drawing geoprocessing results with a map service

11-20-2014 12:26 PM
JoshObrecht
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to draw the results of a geoprocessing service with a given symbology. After I run the tool, I set the result layer to the given symbology. After sharing as a Geoprocessing Service, the result after the service is run does not contain the symbology. Am I missing a step somewhere?

14 Replies
ArokiyaJoseph
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
ArokiyaJoseph
New Contributor III

Well, if that’s the case, is the output written to disk eg. scratchGDB ?

Temporary feature layers cannot be drawn with result map services.

0 Kudos
JoshObrecht
Occasional Contributor

It is.

0 Kudos
ArokiyaJoseph
New Contributor III

Hmm..I couldn’t think of any other generic reason for it to fail. Rather dumb question to ask but, I’m assuming the output has the same field as defined in the UniqueValueRenderer.

0 Kudos
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

See this doc:

Geoprocessing service settings: Parameters—Documentation | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

If your output layer is drawing unique values, you might need to uncheck <all other values> in the layer properties to force recalculation of the unique values prior to drawing. See Creating a layer symbology file for more details.
https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/analyze/modelbuilder/creating-a-layer-symbology-file.htm

If you want the client to only view the data and not be able to download data, set the Maximum Number of Records Returned by Server option to 0 (zero) when publishing.

Note:
A result map service can only be used when the service is set to be Asynchronous.

and these docs:

Result map services in REST applications—Documentation | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

Defining output symbology for geoprocessing tasks—Documentation | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterpris... 

0 Kudos