Disable security in 10.1?

07-10-2012 07:29 AM
PF1
by
Occasional Contributor II
Does anyone know how to disable security in 10.1 and get back to a standard install?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
PF1
by
Does anyone know how to disable security in 10.1 and get back to a standard install?

see this thread: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/61813-Intermittent-slow-performance-accessing-rest-page#2

specifically configuration 4. 

I also went into the 'roles', 'user-roles', and 'users' folders and cleared all of those contents (after backing them up of course)  😉
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Not an easy way, but I received the following from an ESRI tech. Essentially this enables you to create a new site without reinstalling:

1.  Stop the ArcGIS Server Service in Windows Services.

2.  Delete the following files from c:\program files\ArcGIS\Server\Framework\etc :

a.  arcgis-logsettings.json
config-store-connection.xml
b.  machine-config.xml

3.  Rename the c:\arcgisserver\config-store folder  to something like oldconfig-store
4.  Start the ArcGIS Server Service in Windows Services.
5.  Log into Server Manager and choose to "Create New Site"
6.  After you are  back in Server manager, stop the ArcGIS Server Service again.
7.  Copy everything from c:\arcgisserver\oldconfig-store to c:\arcgisserver\config-store  except for c:\arcgisserver\config-store\security.
8.  Leave the new c:\arcgisserver\config-store\security folder alone when you copy the information back.

I was given this info, but haven't test it yet.
0 Kudos
PF1
by
Not an easy way, but I received the following from an ESRI tech. Essentially this enables you to create a new site without reinstalling:

1.  Stop the ArcGIS Server Service in Windows Services.

2.  Delete the following files from c:\program files\ArcGIS\Server\Framework\etc :

a.  arcgis-logsettings.json
config-store-connection.xml
b.  machine-config.xml

3.  Rename the c:\arcgisserver\config-store folder  to something like oldconfig-store
4.  Start the ArcGIS Server Service in Windows Services.
5.  Log into Server Manager and choose to "Create New Site"
6.  After you are  back in Server manager, stop the ArcGIS Server Service again.
7.  Copy everything from c:\arcgisserver\oldconfig-store to c:\arcgisserver\config-store  except for c:\arcgisserver\config-store\security.
8.  Leave the new c:\arcgisserver\config-store\security folder alone when you copy the information back.

I was given this info, but haven't test it yet.

Logically that seems like it would work also.  If I have to dis-able security to get back to a standard install I will try it this way and report back.  Thanks for the feedback!
0 Kudos
DavidCordes
New Contributor III
There is no real "disable security" option in 10.1.  The easiest way to achieve the same thing as 10.0's disable security (making all services available without security) is to simply edit the permissions on each folder and set the folder to "public" and that will allow everyone to view services in that folder.  I would making sure that your System folder however remains private (those services are not intended for public use).  This part of the help describes how.

If you want to delete the site (and lose all services, all settings, etc) which is a pretty dramatic thing I would not attempt the steps that the support analyst provided - those steps are only for a last resort when your ArcGIS Server itself doesn't even start.  You can simply log into http://<YourServer>:6080/arcgis/admin and then choose the Delete Site link.  That's a pretty dramatic option (it blows everything away) but it is a lot less error prone than deleting files.

--- David
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
David is right. That's why I didn't try the steps. Maybe on a test machine, but too much work
0 Kudos
PLadd
by
For what it's worth, I'd like to add my two cents on this issue, since I had a very similar circumstance.  Fortunately, I was lucky enough to have a copy of the folder from over a year ago.  In ArcGIS Server Manager I went to "Site" and selected "Configuration Store" on the left side of the page.   I edited the location of the configuration store to point to the older copied folder and all my permission problems went away.  It may be worth noting that it took a long time for ArcGIS Server Manager to repoint itself to a different location.  But well worth the wait.
0 Kudos