Desktop 10.2/ Server 10.2 - Unable to publish any geoprocessing results as GP Service

10-28-2013 01:30 PM
TamiOnstad
New Contributor III
I've been having trouble for the past several days with the process of publishing geoprocessing results as a GP service. I started out with my own script, and when I could not get the GP results to publish I tried the Clip and Ship sample, and when publishing those results did not work I set up something ridiculously easy (model which counts from 1-100, no data involved whatsoever). I was unable to publish the GP results from any of the models.

Here's what happens: I can run the model, no matter which script I tried I was successful with getting GP results. I can go through the wizard for 'Share As Geoprocessing Service', and the Analyze tool finds no problems with anything. If I close the wizard before I get to the staging point, the sddraft file is created with no errors. When I either continue in the wizard with creating the service, or reopen the sddraft file and click STAGE, I get to the point where it says PACKAGING IN PROGRESS and then ArcCatalog or ArcMap crashes completely with no other message than 'ArcCatalog Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working completely. Please close the program.' No error message, no option to send error results to ESRI.

This happens both in ArcMap and ArcCatalog, and it happens with Background Geoprocessing off or on. It has happened both on a server machine and on my desktop with Windows 7. Both machines are Python 32-bit with no 64-bit Python installed.

The Server logs show nothing, as the service never gets far enough to actually be published to Server.

Any ideas about what might be happening? I'm not even sure where to LOOK at this point. I even tried pulling the staging out into a one-line Python script using arcpy.StageService_server, and it crashed Python with no error message.

Thanks

Tami
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
deleted-user-Rau-cN54efjw
New Contributor II

Wondeirng how everyone is going with this issue.

I am trying to publish the Data Extract Tool (clip and ship) ArcGIS Help 10.1 Followed the instructions. Published the map service OK but the GP service just wont publish successfully. It sort of did (I can see the service in catalog but in REST it just says ERROR 500)

Recently upgraded to 10.2.2

My above process worked with no issues before I recently upgraded.

Ever since the upgrade to 10.2.2 even most of my map services have issues publishing.

Any ideas would be great

Louise

0 Kudos
Dr__Syed_AliNaqi
New Contributor III

If you want to install ArcFM Object Reader 10.2 with ArcGIS Server 10.2/10.2.1/10.2.2 and also want to publish your models or custom tools successfully, then you also need to install ArcFM server 10.2. I have tried it and successfully pulished my custom models as geoprocessing service.

If you do not have ArcFM Server Installation Files, then you will need to remove ArcFM Object Reader from your system.

Publishing Geoprocessing services need ArcGIS Server 10.2/10.2.1/10.2.2 alone on a machine or with ArcFM Object Reader 10.2 and ArcFM server 10.2.

Why this happens, I also do not know...

0 Kudos
Dr__Syed_AliNaqi
New Contributor III

If you want to install ArcFM Object Reader 10.2 with ArcGIS Server 10.2/10.2.1/10.2.2 and also want to publish your models or custom tools successfully, then you also need to install ArcFM server 10.2. I have tried it and successfully pulished my custom models as geoprocessing service.

If you do not have ArcFM Server Installation Files, then you will need to remove ArcFM Object Reader from your system.

Publishing Geoprocessing services need ArcGIS Server 10.2/10.2.1/10.2.2 alone on a machine or with ArcFM Object Reader 10.2 and ArcFM server 10.2.

Why this happens, I also do not know...

0 Kudos