Deploying Desktop v10 via Citrix while Keeping Roaming Profiles Manageable

01-31-2011 10:58 AM
SteveMiller1
New Contributor III
We have been deploying ArcGIS Desktop via Citrix since Desktop v8.3, with pretty good success.  Our active user base is 500+.  Our most frequent issues have been with corrupted terminal services profiles, due to any number of causes. 

Desktop v10 assumes even greater use of profiles, for storing geoprocessing log files, the default home workspace, and most significantly, the default gdb and image caching for basemaps.

If anyone else has encountered this issue, and resolved it, I would be very interested in hearing from you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CraigSwadner
Occasional Contributor
We have been deploying ArcGIS Desktop via Citrix since Desktop v8.3, with pretty good success.  Our active user base is 500+.  Our most frequent issues have been with corrupted terminal services profiles, due to any number of causes. 

Desktop v10 assumes even greater use of profiles, for storing geoprocessing log files, the default home workspace, and most significantly, the default gdb and image caching for basemaps.

If anyone else has encountered this issue, and resolved it, I would be very interested in hearing from you.

this has been a MAJOR hurdle here, the only success was to login as the user and make sure all the redirection was working.  However, we seem to have a user every once in awhile give us problems.
0 Kudos
AaronHixson
New Contributor II
Has ESRI posted any articles on how to properly optimize settings for best performance?  I know there have been some posts here, but some documentation from ESRI would be wonderful.
0 Kudos