Default superuser name/pass for Server Cloud Builder setup

Jump to solution
11-15-2013 08:45 AM
AndrewBlakey
New Contributor III
Hello:

I've set up an ArcGIS Server on Ubuntu with a PostgreSQL database.  I can't find any documentation that explains what the default superuser name and password is for Ubuntu.  (I'm new-ish to Ubuntu).

I was instructed to log in as  arcgis and use the key and passcode I set up in earlier steps, which all worked fine. But the moment I need to do anything with  sudo, I need a superuser account.  What is the default or how do I set it up properly?

EDIT: If it helps to understand what I'm talking about and trying to accomplish, I'm working on this: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Changing_the_default_passwords_of_the_Post...

getting stuck at step 2 since it asks for a password and I don't have one that works.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewBlakey
New Contributor III
Ah I figured it out.

When using a public key, you need to log in as 'ubuntu', not 'arcgis'.  'ubuntu' is an account with superuser powers so any sudo command will work without asking for a password.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewBlakey1
New Contributor II
Figured it out.   With the public key login as described in the ArcGIS Help, you need to log in as 'ubuntu' not 'arcgis'.  'ubuntu' user account can perform sudo commands without needing to type in a password.
0 Kudos
AndrewBlakey
New Contributor III
Ah I figured it out.

When using a public key, you need to log in as 'ubuntu', not 'arcgis'.  'ubuntu' is an account with superuser powers so any sudo command will work without asking for a password.
0 Kudos