DB2 versions and fixpacks supported by ArcGIS Server 10.3

Jump to solution
04-02-2015 09:38 AM
JeffSchloss
New Contributor III

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/desktop/latest/get-started/system-requirements/database-requirements-db...

This page does not indicate if ArcGIS for Server 10.3 can be used with IBM DB2 version 10.5 fix pack 5.  Can someone please tell me if it can?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffSchloss
New Contributor III

For the benefit of anyone reading this, tech support came back with the following:

The bug that was causing Fix Pack 4 to be unsupported has been mitigated in Fix Pack 5. This means that Fix Pack 5 is, in fact, supported based upon our Supportability Policy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Jeff,

I would say that the safest bet is to use the same level that is certified for 10.3, which is DB2 v10.5 FP2. In the notes for the DB2 FP section there is a reference to an issue in which FP4 is not supported

DB2 10.5 Fix Pack 4 is not supported due to IT05709: SQL0901N "ISCAN PLAN NOT FOUND" RETURNED FOR DB2 SPATIAL EXTENDER QUERY

If you go past the certified (or listed) requirements it falls under the Supported Environment Policy

But as stated above there is an issue with FP4, so I would guess that those fixes are included in FP5 also which could make it a no-go.

Hopefully this helps.

-George

--- George T.
0 Kudos
JeffSchloss
New Contributor III

Thank you George.  The issue is that our enterprise is already at DB2 v10.5 fixpack 5, so I'm really hoping someone can tell me if the issue with fixpack 4 got resolved or if Esri will even consider supporting fixpack 5.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would recommend that you open a support case and have them research to see if it may be supported in the future. It may take some time to have the research completed and reach out to the proper contacts.

At this point it looks like FP5 may not be supported, based on the issue with FP4.

Thanks!

George

--- George T.
0 Kudos
JeffSchloss
New Contributor III

IBM fixed this issue in FixPack 5 - see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21633303.  Guess I'll try my luck w/tech support.

0 Kudos
JeffSchloss
New Contributor III

For the benefit of anyone reading this, tech support came back with the following:

The bug that was causing Fix Pack 4 to be unsupported has been mitigated in Fix Pack 5. This means that Fix Pack 5 is, in fact, supported based upon our Supportability Policy

0 Kudos