DataStore Upgrade from 10.7.1 to 10.8.1 fails with Error Caused by: null

01-02-2021 05:13 PM
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I have been having an extremely frustrating time upgrading our Enterprise deployment (hosted on an Azure VM) from 10.7.1 to 10.8.1. After successfully getting Portal and Server installed and authorized, the most recent and longstanding issue has been with finishing the DataStore upgrade.

Initially, there was a pathing issue and through multiple attempts, the DataStore did not continue to the right place. After successfully (I think) fixing the pathing issue by using the cmd prompt to run the configuredatastore utility to the right directory, I received the following error after about 20 minutes of the utility chugging away.

"Configuring data store....

Error encountered: Machine 'https://localhost:2443/arcgis/datastoreadmin' returned an error. 'Attempt to configure data store failed.
Caused by: Attempt to configure data store failed.
Caused by: Attempt to configure data store failed.
Caused by: null'"

Has anyone ever encountered a similar error? I have looked briefly for other instances of this problem with no luck. Any advice or guidance offered would be much appreciated. I have reached out to tech support about some of the earlier datastore issues but we did not get very far due to the holidays.

Henry
1 Reply
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

In addition, when attempting to restore from a previous backup - even with a PSA established, I receive the following error upon running the restoredatastore command:

"Error encountered: Failed to generate a token for the user. Incorrect credentials provided."

I confirmed that the PSA works when signing into Portal Admin through a browser. Why could this be happening?

Henry
0 Kudos