Datastore : "You don't have permission to perform this task"

01-26-2021 04:15 AM
PierreLarondelle
New Contributor III

Hi, when I tried to perform any of the tasks regarding datastore config, I get this message.

I'm on windows server 2019, the cmd is from admin elevated prompt, all concerned folders have full rights.

Any ideas ? Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you try running this prompt while logged into the windows service account that runs ArcGIS Datastore? It is a bit strange that running it as an admin results in a permission failure.

Please let me know if this changes the behavior.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
PierreLarondelle
New Contributor III

Nope, even with domain account. I'm in touch with the IT to try a group Managed Service Account as described in documentation. I don't think it will do the trick but it's worth giving a try.

From last post I tried giving full access to "Everyone" on concerned folders, for test purpose, but  still the same behaviour. Maybe an exorcist in last resort  ... ?  🙄

Thanks anyway for your help

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Perhaps an exorcist, or the next best thing: Working with Esri Technical Support! Are you able to open a ticket at this time?

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
PierreLarondelle
New Contributor III

Yes I'm in touch with our local distributor, we'll see what can be done.

Have a nice day !

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

You as well! If you dont mind, please follow up with the case solution once it gets resolved. Alternatively, DM me your case number and I will post it once it is finished.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
LeeIrminger2
New Contributor

What was your solution?

0 Kudos
PierreLarondelle
New Contributor III

Hi @LeeIrminger2 , the problem was in Datastore VM's certificate. After upgrading  the machine's certificate the problem was gone.

LeeIrminger3
New Contributor

Thank you - was that a single machine deployment?

0 Kudos
PierreLarondelle
New Contributor III

No, we have splitted ArcGIS Entreprise over 3 VMs : ArcGIS Server + Portal / Geodatabase / Datastore