Data Store Issues

06-13-2012 02:30 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
So, every time I try and connect via Data Store with Database, I keep getting an error that the data item is inaccessible.  Did not see this with Test Server.

Folders no problem.

I seem to remember that I need to add the arcgis account to the database...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
So, every time I try and connect via Data Store with Database, I keep getting an error that the data item is inaccessible.  Did not see this with Test Server.

Folders no problem.

I seem to remember that I need to add the arcgis account to the database...

Yep, just like the old SOC account, in that the arcgis user needs access to the data.  Well this time, I suppose it did not take me a few hours.

Different but the same...
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Change Privileges is SWEET!
0 Kudos
EvanLue
New Contributor
Can you explain how you resolved this issue? I'm having the same problem, but I don't see how the Change Privileges tool helps here.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
You need to give access to you data to an arcgis user, then when publishing the data, use the database connection with arcgis rights to the data.  So, add an arcgis user in the database.  Add a connection in Catalog with this same user.  Add the data to an MXD from this same database connection.  Publish.

Change Privileges is just an extra comment...;)
0 Kudos
ClintonCooper1
New Contributor III
Riverside,

It looks like I am having the same problem here.  however, I am just a newbie to ArcServer, so would it be possibel for you to give a detailed step by step process of your solution to this problem?  I have spent the past three days racking my brain on this problem!  Thanks in advance!

Clinton
0 Kudos
DavidLARUELLE
Esri Contributor
I don't think arcgis user need special privileges. According to that help topic :
[INDENT]When using database authentication, check your spatial database connection properties in the Catalog tree and make sure you've checked the option to save the user name and password. If you create a map or globe document that uses data through that connection, the name and password will be saved in the map or globe document, and your service should be able to get the data successfully.
[/INDENT]
I got the same error you had and I solved my problem thanks to that thechnical article.
0 Kudos
PrestonMcCormick
New Contributor II
For me this issue was caused by attempting to connect to Oracle without having a 64bit Oracle Client installed. 

I had the 32 bit client installed and could connect through ArcMap and ArcCatalog on the same machine, but since Server is now 64bit, it now needs the 64bit client.
0 Kudos