Custom spatial relationship

06-13-2014 02:05 AM
MathieuVILLEMONT1
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I'm trying to use a custom spatial relationship in a MapServer query but have trouble finding how to do it.

My problematic is simple : given an input geometry, I want to retrieve all features from my MapServer which do not intersect it.

My query looks like that :
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34573[/ATTACH]

However this does not seem to work. It always return the feature that intersects my Input Geometry.

Am I doing something wrong ? Maybe I misunderstood how this is suppose to work ?

Thanxs,

Mathieu
0 Kudos
4 Replies
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
Relation seems Ok but does not take your setting (default is intersect) . What's the version of ags? What's the sp installed?

I have tested with my demo service and it runs well:
http://sit2.sistemigis.it/sit/rest/services/Demo/OpenData/MapServer/0/query?where=&text=&objectIds=&...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: solxenos

Maybe you could work around it by performing a switch selection?  Since it's doing the opposite of what you need.  Just a thought.  intersect command gives the exact same results as do not intersect?
0 Kudos
MathieuVILLEMONT1
Occasional Contributor
Maybe you could work around it by performing a switch selection?  Since it's doing the opposite of what you need.  Just a thought.  intersect command gives the exact same results as do not intersect?

I see how to do it with ArcGIS Desktop but with ArcGIS for Server ?
0 Kudos
MathieuVILLEMONT1
Occasional Contributor
What's the version of ags? What's the sp installed?

I'm using ags 10.22.

It seems the only differences with your test is the ags version, the input geometry (enveloppe vs. polygon) and the spatial reference.
I'm going to look into that.

Thanks
0 Kudos