Create List in Enterprise 10.7.1

06-29-2020 07:11 AM
GeorgiaRoberts1
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I am using Enterprise 10.7.1. I have added a new field to my hosted feature layer, and am trying to 'Create List' to define pre-populated values. However, when I try to do this, I get 'There was an error'. There is no information describing the error.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Best,

Georgia

0 Kudos
5 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

What is the field type (text, integer, etc.) that you are creating the list on?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
GeorgiaRoberts1
New Contributor III

Hi George, 

Thanks for getting back to me. The field type I'm creating the list on is a String.

Thanks,

Georgia

0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

Try to detect the error from the browser DevTools console.

for example on Google Chrome pushing the F12 button from your keyboard opens the following console

in your case you can select the Network Tab in order to analyze the request to your Portal when your are truing to update the Service Definition.

try to add the domain and monitor the request on the Network Tab. When the error occurred something like the following expected

select the updateDefinition request and get the detailed info from the response Tab.

Also the same massage can be found on the ArcGIS Server Manager Logs

0 Kudos
GeorgiaRoberts1
New Contributor III

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your advice on troubleshooting the error. I have done as you've suggested and am getting this response:

{"status":"error","messages":["Could not find resource or operation '0' on the system."],"code":404}

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Georgia

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

You may want to reach out to technical support on this. They can help troubleshoot in more detail. Thanks!

--- George T.