Couldn't Validate Arcgis Data store managed databse

Jump to solution
03-15-2018 03:12 PM
QiranLiang
New Contributor III

I installed the Datastore for a while, it was working for a while. But the relational part (and relational part only) became invalidate recently (see attch). I already tried to update/reconfigure the data store, but still. Any idea why it happened?

14 Replies
ErnestoCarreras4
New Contributor III

Hi! I am experiencing the same issue. How did you fix it?

0 Kudos
QiranLiang
New Contributor III

We have encountered similar problems for couple of times. you can try to update the datastore's license with the command line.

ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference—ArcGIS Data Store (Windows) Installation Guide | ArcGIS ... 

Or often time it's the webadopter not configure correctly. 

WilliamShoop
New Contributor III

Hey!

I installed a patch to my servers and afterwards I was experiencing this issue and resolved it by running updatelicense. I was wondering to what root cause may be? I don't want this to happen every time I install a patch. Qiran Liang‌ You mentioned that it could be caused by your web adaptor not configured correctly, do you know how to determine if that is the case and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
FernandoMons_Nuñez
New Contributor II

Hi,

We encountered similar problems trying to update the license of the datastore, and the problem exactly was that the datastore has changed itself to read only mode. Changing it to Write mode, we could update the license.

We saw the cause of the problem in the logs of the datastore. The SQL executed by the system during the Updatelicense command was returning a message like this: 

"Can not  execute an update sentence in read only mode transaction"

Our Arcgis Server and datastore was in version 10.5.1 

0 Kudos
User35489
Occasional Contributor III

In my case, It got fixed after the port 9876 was unblocked after accidentally closed by the cyber security.

• 9876 (TCP)—Internal communication between the hosting ArcGIS Server site and the relational data store occurs through this port, as does some communication between the primary and standby relational data store machines.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/data-store/latest/install/windows/ports-used-by-arcgis-data-store.h...

0 Kudos