Could you change siteadmin Server password after federation?

Jump to solution
02-21-2019 06:39 AM
ZdeněkJankovský
Esri Contributor

We have an installation of ArcGIS Enterprise Workgroup 10.6.1: GIS Server, Portal, DataStore. After some time, we would like to change GIS Server siteadmin password: we need to give a admin control to another company and old password is used widely.

It is possible to change siteadmin password after federation? Password should be saved in federation setting..

Is the DataStore impacted as well? (DataStore is connected to GIS Server with this password as well)

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RachelSears
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jan and Zdeněk,

You should be able to change the primary site administrator account with no issues, even if the site is federated. Make sure that you change it from ArcGIS Server Manager and not by editing the config files.

In ArcGIS Server Manager, navigate to Security > Settings > Primary Site Administrator Account, then click on the edit pencil. It will allow you to change the username and password of the primary site administrator account.

Note that when you make changes to your security settings, your server and/or services may restart. 

This should not break your federation at all, and you do not need to do anything after this. To make sure, I just tested it in my environment (10.8), and my hosted services are still working fine.

Hope this helps!

- Rachel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JanSarata
Esri Contributor

Hi folks,

any updates on this question? I am solving very similar issue and would like to know If federation breaks when I change the admin password.

Thanks,

Jan

0 Kudos
RachelSears
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jan and Zdeněk,

You should be able to change the primary site administrator account with no issues, even if the site is federated. Make sure that you change it from ArcGIS Server Manager and not by editing the config files.

In ArcGIS Server Manager, navigate to Security > Settings > Primary Site Administrator Account, then click on the edit pencil. It will allow you to change the username and password of the primary site administrator account.

Note that when you make changes to your security settings, your server and/or services may restart. 

This should not break your federation at all, and you do not need to do anything after this. To make sure, I just tested it in my environment (10.8), and my hosted services are still working fine.

Hope this helps!

- Rachel

ZdeněkJankovský
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the information!

0 Kudos