Copying FC related tables from a FGDB to SDE

08-09-2018 11:26 AM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

We setup an ArcGIS Online web map for a local metering company to read and inspect meter and risers. The schema is the same for the FGDB and SDE. The feature point data will never change but they're adding new tables for each read and inspection. Is there a workflow to append those new tables back into our enterprise GDB?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount

Hi Jordan,

I'm not aware of a better method to copy related tables from a file geodatabase to an enterprise geodatabase than just to use the import method. Right click on your enterprise geodatabase connection > go to Import > Table (single). Once imported, you can relate it to the feature class. 

The other option is to copy and paste the feature class from the file geodatabase to the enterprise geodatabase each time they have an update. It will take all the related items with it. You'd want to delete the existing data from the enterprise geodatabase first before doing this.

I'm not sure about the connectivity between you guys and this company but this does seem like a good workflow for geodatabase replication. I'm also curious about your statement that they are adding new tables for each read and inspection? That seems like it could grow into a lot of tables very quickly. Could they not update attributes in one table? 

Jonathan

0 Kudos
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR

"I'm not sure about the connectivity between you guys and this company but this does seem like a good workflow for geodatabase replication. I'm also curious about your statement that they are adding new tables for each read and inspection? That seems like it could grow into a lot of tables very quickly. Could they not update attributes in one table?"

And then just Append—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

i believe you mean adding new rows for each read? If they are adding a new table for each read, you have problems far beyond what GIS can solve. You can use https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/12/14/migrating-data-from-the-survey-feature-s...  to sync any AGOL feature service data to an on-prem DB, say once per day.

0 Kudos