Converting Revit file to multipatch feature class automatically using model builder

11-17-2018 12:30 AM
rawansaleh1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I’m trying to build a model to convert my Revit files to multipatch featureclass in automatic way to publish them as a web layers to read them in my AGOL scene.

I need to read each single file in the revit file (structure, Electrical…etc) and convert them in one go.

I’m starting to build one but it could read only one feature so I couldn’t have exactly what I want, what is the best practice to do this?

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.2

Cheers,

Rawan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I would recommend that you wait just a little longer. At ArcGIS Pro 2.3 release we will introduce the new Building Scene Layer type. You will be able to create scene layer packages from building (revit) layers and publish them to Portal 10.7 or ArcGIS Online (December Release). This workflow will make it a lot easier to share you revit data across the platform as well as visualize and filter it. ArcGIS Pro 2.3 is set to be released in January 2019. You can sign up for the beta program if you want an earlier preview of this functionality.

ArcGIS Pro 2.3 Beta  

rawansaleh1
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you Andrew for sharing these information I really excited to see the new workflow.  I could manage to solve this for now by  built a model to do this.

Cheers,

0 Kudos