Controlling the width of thumbnails in enterprise site galleries

12-16-2019 07:50 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a gallery that lists thumbnails and descriptions for web apps.

It looks fine until the bottom row, where only two apps are listed and their thumbnails are stretched to fill the available space. It looks horrible - the full thumbnail is not visible, and what is visible is grainy.

Is there any way to tell the software to keep the thumbnails at a consistent size?

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can use the iframe card and load in the html for the gallery page. This displays the gallery html and gives the user a view on it (rather than a link to it). This page doesn't stretch out thumbnails awkwardly the way Enerprise Sites' "gallery" card does (when fewer than four galleries are on a line).

I think this "stretching" is a bug. Nobody would want their thumbnails to look like this. 

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have a situation where the iFrame option doesn't work. We created an enterprise site, and added a gallery to it. The gallery only displays items the user has permission to see, sometimes that is a single item and the image stretches the full width of the window and looks terrible. We showed this to the client and he was very disappointed with the appearance.

Is there any way to prevent this behavior? Is this going to be fixed in future releases? I cannot imagine anyone ever wanting this. Thumbnails only work when they are shaped a particular way. Stretching the icon out to fill the space just doesn't work at all.

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos