Connection to callback URL '[serivces url]' failed

10-02-2013 02:35 PM
norie
by
New Contributor III
I've been getting this error:

Connection to callback URL 'http://[SERVER NAME]:6080/arcgis/services' failed. For more information, see the ArcGIS Server help topic �?Ports used by ArcGIS Server�?. You can access this topic in the table of contents by navigating to Administering ArcGIS for Server > Securing your ArcGIS Server site > Configuring a secure environment for ArcGIS Server.

I am managing the ArcGIS Server directly from the server itself. The server is hosting ArcGIS Server with GEP. The server had no problems last week, so not really sure what has happened since then.

The error initially started appearing during service publishing this week. Failing with "Failed to Execute (UploadServiceDefinition)" and "Failed to Execute (Publish Service Definition)" in ArcMap and the Connection to callback failure message on the server logs. Along with this Exception/StackTrace below.

Since this instance wasn't hosting anything of value, I mistakenly decided to reinstall. Now I get the Connection to callback url failure message during the site creation.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.AGSException: AutomationException: 0xc00cee3a - at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.catalog.RemoteCatalog.handleRequest(RemoteCatalog.java:71) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:322) at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:177) at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:174) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:173) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:553) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:808) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:667) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:273) at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:251) at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:160) at java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invokeRemoteMethod(RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.java:194) at java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invoke(RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.java:148) at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy47.handleRequest(Unknown Source) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.ejb.impl.ServiceCatalogBean.handleRequest(ServiceCatalogBean.java:105) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at org.apache.openejb.core.interceptor.ReflectionInvocationContext$Invocation.invoke(ReflectionInvocationContext.java:162) at org.apache.openejb.core.interceptor.ReflectionInvocationContext.proceed(ReflectionInvocationContext.java:144) at org.apache.openejb.monitoring.StatsInterceptor.record(StatsInterceptor.java:164) at org.apache.openejb.monitoring.StatsInterceptor.invoke(StatsInterceptor.java:92) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor42.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at org.apache.openejb.core.interceptor.ReflectionInvocationContext$Invocation.invoke(ReflectionInvocationContext.java:162) at org.apache.openejb.core.interceptor.ReflectionInvocationContext.proceed(ReflectionInvocationContext.java:144) at org.apache.openejb.core.interceptor.InterceptorStack.invoke(InterceptorStack.java:122) at org.apache.openejb.core.stateless.StatelessContainer._invoke(StatelessContainer.java:221) at org.apache.openejb.core.stateless.StatelessContainer.invoke(StatelessContainer.java:174) at org.apache.openejb.core.stateless.StatelessContainer.invoke(StatelessContainer.java:136) at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.EjbRequestHandler.doEjbObject_BUSINESS_METHOD(EjbRequestHandler.java:238) at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.EjbRequestHandler.processRequest(EjbRequestHandler.java:129) at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.EjbDaemon.processEjbRequest(EjbDaemon.java:196) at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.EjbDaemon.service(EjbDaemon.java:149) at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.EjbServer.service(EjbServer.java:71) at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.KeepAliveServer$Session.service(KeepAliveServer.java:213) at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.KeepAliveServer.service(KeepAliveServer.java:233) at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.EjbServer.service(EjbServer.java:66) at org.apache.openejb.server.ServicePool$2.run(ServicePool.java:91) at org.apache.openejb.server.ServicePool$3.run(ServicePool.java:120) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) Caused by: java.lang.Exception: AutomationException: 0xc00cee3a - at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.catalog.Catalog.handleRequest(Catalog.java:147) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.catalog.RemoteCatalog.handleRequest(RemoteCatalog.java:67) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:322) at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:177) at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:174) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:173) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:553) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:808) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:667) ... 3 more Caused by: AutomationException: 0x0 - null at com.esri.arcgis.system.Message.readXML(Unknown Source) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.catalog.Catalog$a_.a(Catalog$a_.java:376) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.catalog.Catalog$a_.a(Catalog$a_.java:351) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.catalog.Catalog$a_.run(Catalog$a_.java:288)
Tags (2)
22 Replies
MorganHarvey
New Contributor
Aaron:

I'm running into what looks like the exact same problem on two of my servers.

I've disabled selinux, puppet, and iptables on that server and our networking guys confirm that the port is open (and that I can get to machine:6080 to get into the manager helps illustrate that also), so I'm rather bumfuzzled. Did two completely fresh installations of AGS and still no dice.

We've opened a support request and I'll update here with anything we figure out.

Morgan Harvey
GIS Application Developer
Portland State University
0 Kudos
MorganHarvey
New Contributor
Aaron:

I've resolved my version of this, at least.

What wound up fixing it was me removing and reinstalling the 'X Window System' group package, which I did out of pure desperation. I'm not sure what, exactly, happened, but perhaps a package was updated since it was initially installed. (I did not to an update first to see what was different though)

Hope that helps,
-morgan
0 Kudos
norie
by
New Contributor III
Aaron:

I've resolved my version of this, at least.

What wound up fixing it was me removing and reinstalling the 'X Window System' group package, which I did out of pure desperation. I'm not sure what, exactly, happened, but perhaps a package was updated since it was initially installed. (I did not to an update first to see what was different though)

Hope that helps,
-morgan

Thanks for the update, Morgan. Unfortunately, I'm having this problem on a Windows 2008 R2 server.
0 Kudos
VadivelanPalanichamy
New Contributor II

Hi, is there any solution for this call back error, other than repairing and re-creating the site. ?? (in windows server)

0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III

What operating system?  Check Firewall - and make sure ports are open, especially port 6080

See:

Ports used by ArcGIS Server

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

0 Kudos
norie
by
New Contributor III
A little update�??

I changed the ArcGIS Server Account to my own admin account and everything worked as intended. I attempted to revert back to the AD service account (with local admin privs), but service requests started failing again.

The service account that ArcGIS Server was running under is local admin and was working previously. As far as I know, nothing has changed and I�??ve logged in as the service account interactively to verify it�??s rights. 

The challenge now is getting the AD service account working again.
0 Kudos
VadivelanPalanichamy
New Contributor II

I am also facing same issue, everything working fine with admin account, but not with service account..   anyone got fix or workaround (without doing repair or re create the site) for this issue ?  (windows 2008 r2, server 10.2)

0 Kudos
StephanieSnider
Occasional Contributor III
aaronnoriega,
Were you able to resolve this error message on Windows 2008 R2 server and still use the AD service account?  I'm getting the same error message along with a couple more:

ERROR_INTERNET_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID, URL = https://servername:6443/arcgis/services, HTTP Status code = 0 and Status Text = (WinInet error code = 12038)

Error while using HTTPS security, URL = https://servername:6443/arcgis/services, HTTP Status code = 0 and Status Text = (WinInet error code = 12057)
0 Kudos
norie
by
New Contributor III
I have a ticket open with ESRI, so it's still in progress. I have verified that AGS works with an alternate account and rather than recreating the AD account I'd like to narrow down the problem should the issue arise again. Especially since my environment hasn't been pushed to a production state.

However, from the looks of you error you have an SSL certificate with a bad common name. Check out these links:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//0154000005wq000000

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/#/Suppressing_warnings_from_self_signed_certificates/0...
0 Kudos