Cannot add NLCD 2016 as WMS to Portal 10.6.1

07-24-2019 11:10 AM
Dixie_MDavis
Occasional Contributor

Hello, all.

I cannot add the latest NLCD 2016 WMS service (https://www.mrlc.gov/geoserver/mrlc_display/NLCD_2016_Land_Cover_L48/ows?Service=WMS) to a web map in Enterprise Portal 10.6.1.  I can add it to an ArcGIS Online web map.  I realize the capabilities in ArcGIS Online are updated more frequently, but am surprised I can't add the service to our Portal. 

I need the layer as a basemap in an app we are building and will end up using it via ArcGIS Online if I must, but wanted to check first with the community to find out if perhaps I am missing something with the way I am trying to add the service.

I have included an image of the error I get when I try to add the service to a map.Error message received when trying to add WMS service to Portal map.

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide.

Best, Dixie.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Dixie_MDavis
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Luke.

Yes, we were able to resolve the issue with the WMS layer, by updating the security configuration for our Portal.  We added domain name for the server hosting the service by updating the security configuration within the Portal Administrator.  For us we added, "www.mrlc.gov" to the "allowedProxyHosts".

Hope that make sense.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions.  Best, Dixie.

0 Kudos
Lu-chiaChuang
New Contributor III

Yes. this makes sense. I've been learning something new every day with Portal configuration. There're so many hidden features in Portal. I will try it on my portal. Thank you very much.

Dixie_MDavis
Occasional Contributor

Glad to help.  Good luck!  Best, Dixie.

0 Kudos