Can you create a distributed collaboration between arcgis online accounts?

Jump to solution
02-05-2021 11:01 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the documentation about distributed collaboration, it says only one ArcGIS Online organization can participate. This seems to suggest that ArcGIS Online to ArcGIS Online collaboration is not possible. Is this true? If there is documentation that clarifies this, I'd appreciate being pointed to it. All documentation I have seen references arcgis online to Portal collaboration.

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Randy, 

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to create a distributed collaboration between two ArcGIS Online organizations. Your interpretation of the documentation is correct:

"Only one ArcGIS Online organization can participate in the collaboration."

This means that only Portal - Portal and Portal - ArcGIS Online collaborations are supported. If you would like to see this changed, then I would suggest you submit an idea over at ArcGIS Enterprise Ideas.

Best,

Calvin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Randy, 

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to create a distributed collaboration between two ArcGIS Online organizations. Your interpretation of the documentation is correct:

"Only one ArcGIS Online organization can participate in the collaboration."

This means that only Portal - Portal and Portal - ArcGIS Online collaborations are supported. If you would like to see this changed, then I would suggest you submit an idea over at ArcGIS Enterprise Ideas.

Best,

Calvin

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I was just seeking clarification. Thank you for providing it.  

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos