Can we combine base deployment for multimachine + image server roles in a single config json file

Jump to solution
03-01-2021 11:41 PM
AYUSHYADAV
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am deploying the 'BaseDeployment-MultiMachine.json', in which I have to include the image server roles i.e 'ImageHosting', 'RasterAnalytics'. While going through the ArcGIS Powershell DSC sample configs, I didn't find any sample config file where I can add more than one server role in a single config JSON file. In the BaseDeployment-MultiMachine.json file, there is a key "ServerRole" where we can define the server role like GeneralPurposeServer', 'GeoAnalytics', 'GeoEvent', 'ImageHosting', 'RasterAnalytics' and 'NotebookServer'. Since the ServerRole key takes a single string argument, there is no way to define multiple server roles via the ServerRole key

How should I combine multiple server roles in a single config JSON file?

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Ayush!

If I am understanding you correctly, the ConfigData.ServerRole attribute does two things: tells the module if it’s a GeoEvent Server install, Mission Server install or Notebook Server install etc and is also used for the post-federation, if ConfigData.Federation block is defined in your json config file. Hence, you won’t be able to combine them into a single json config file. You would need to use separate json config files. Samples can be found here:  https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-powershell-dsc/tree/master/SampleConfigs/v3/Gis%20Servers 

Let me know if this answers your question.

Best!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Ayush!

If I am understanding you correctly, the ConfigData.ServerRole attribute does two things: tells the module if it’s a GeoEvent Server install, Mission Server install or Notebook Server install etc and is also used for the post-federation, if ConfigData.Federation block is defined in your json config file. Hence, you won’t be able to combine them into a single json config file. You would need to use separate json config files. Samples can be found here:  https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-powershell-dsc/tree/master/SampleConfigs/v3/Gis%20Servers 

Let me know if this answers your question.

Best!

AYUSHYADAV
New Contributor III

Hi Krittika,

Yes, I got the answer.

Thank you so much for the reply. 😊

0 Kudos