Can't see federated servers in ArcGIS Pro Share as Web Layer

07-01-2019 01:18 AM
JillSlater3
New Contributor III

We have 2 ArcGIS Servers federated with our Portal, I can see them both in our Portal settings here:

When I log on to our Portal (as an administrator) to share layers to the federated server, I can not see them under Server and Folder, I only have the option to share to the Hosting Server:

Does anyone have suggestions about why I don't have the option to share to our federated servers, and what might resolve it? Both the server and the portal are Enterprise 10.7.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Jill, 

Do you know if the Web Adaptors for both ArcGIS Servers federated with Portal are on the same machine? Are both Web Adaptors configured using the same hostname?

What is the server role for the federated service that does not appear in the drop down in ArcGIS Pro? 

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
JillSlater3
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply. I figured it out with help from tech support. The problem was that we had federated our server using the server name+port url, instead of the webadaptor url. When we unfederated and federated again with the correct url, it appears in ArcGIS Pro now.

0 Kudos
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Jill,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad you were able to get the issue resolved. I'll keep that resolution in mind for the future.

Thanks,

Thomas.