Can't overwrite service: "If you overwrite this service you will lose to the associated feature service data including any changes that were made to the data after the service was initially published."

Jump to solution
06-10-2016 04:56 AM
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Arcgis Server 10.2

I checked the input in the server directories and it matches with my mxd. It doesn't seem I am trying to overwrite a different service. The only similar services is a previous version of the same being stopped and therefore not currently used. I looked on the  internet and I couldn't find anything related to this error message.

Trying to overwrite a service I get this message:

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

Then click Yes!   Did you get any warning messages or notifications that your data is not registered with the server?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

If your new service has the same name as the old stopped one, it will overwrite it.  It needs the specific folder with the same name in your services directory.  The stopped one is still in your server directory, therefore the message.  If you want to rename the old one, go to your REST endpoint admin folder (http://<server>/arcgis/admin), services and at the bottom you'll get an option for renameService.

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by

Hi FC, thanks for you reply.

No, I don't want to overwrite the stopped one. I want to overwrite the current one that is currently running.

I want to overwrite a service that has the same name as the MXD and it has never changed either name or folder.

(sorry, i did mention about the stopped one just to specify that even though the have a similar name one is stopped and it's impossible that I am trying to overwrite that one.)

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

Then click Yes!   Did you get any warning messages or notifications that your data is not registered with the server?

PanGIS
by

Worked fine. Data is still there.

Actually I was more afraid to make a mess.

Anyway, i did not get any warning messages that data is not registered with the server, just the one above.

Since I have another service that cannot overwrite but I can publish from scratch I was thinking I had a bigger problem with my server.

Thanks FC Basson

0 Kudos