Can't figure SSL out (CA)

02-08-2017 02:23 PM
travisslack1
New Contributor III

So I have Portal and Server set up (10.4). My web adaptors were set up using web.domain.com (web being the in house server portal, server and iis are on). 

Do I need to buy two separate SSL certificates? One for IIS and one for Server? I followed the guide here Configuring HTTPS using a new CA-signed certificate—Documentation (10.4) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

filled everything out, generated the CSR from the arcgis server admin page, submitted to godaddy and got two files back, a p7b and a crt. I have to assume IIS can't import this at all because I have tried and every time I import the crt in IIS by completing the certificate request it dissapears out of Server Certificates when I try to do the bindings.

I originally had letsEncrypt properly securing https://web.domain.com working perfectly fine in IIS but me nor the ESRI tech couldnt get it working with ArcGIS Server. As a result of not having SSL on my ArcGIS Server I can't create any applications or webmaps and I think theres other weird issues I am seeing too..when I hit create i get a grey bar

and this in the developer console. 

So how do I do this? I feel like ive wasted days trying to get this working properly and when I think I know what to do its just piling up more issues and none of the guides im seeing cover this in depth. 

currently i have letsencrypt on IIS and its secure when I go to https://web.vectorgeomatics.com which forwards me to web.vectorgeomatics.com/portal/home and its 100% secure. I purchased the godaddy cert, submitted the csr from server admin and have the files mentioned above..... what do now? I've got everything through IWA right now, mainly to to be used internally, but office staff need the option of being able to access the site out of the office which prompts them for their domain user name and password and that is working correctly. I think the steps ive taken so far have been correct?

thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JonathanBailey
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Duarte,

Believe me, I've been living in this world for a while

The first problem that I'm having is that it doesn't seem that you can get a certificate for cloudapp.net. So how are others getting around this?

Thanks,

Jon.

0 Kudos
SteveJavins
New Contributor II

Alexander, how do you import into IIS when it's not in pfx format in the first place? It seems to require that format but our CA supplied crt files only. I cannot export to pfx format using the management console because the private key is not included.

0 Kudos