Can't Add WMS to Map Viewer

03-14-2023 05:50 AM
Erdem_Yurdakul
New Contributor II

Hello everyone

I have a problem with WMS. I have some confirmed wms links. I can open them on ArcMap 10.7 and see all the details but I can't add them as web layer to map viewer for using them in our web app. I  searched it a bit and I've learned that I need to add the links to organization's trusted servers. But results is the same. I always get the same error below. Because of some policy, I had to cover the link. Sorry about that. Does anyone familiar with this situation?

WMS_Error.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Erdem_Yurdakul
New Contributor II

I added the link as trusted and worked just fine.

Erdem_Yurdakul
New Contributor II

Hello again. The link you shared with me worked fine, not my link George 🙂 I still have the same problem. My link works on ArcMap 10.7 but doesn't work on portal's(10.8) map viewer.

Erdem

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Sounds like there may be something in the URL that 10.8 does not like. It would be best to work with Esri Technical Support on this.

--- George T.
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX
Occasional Contributor III

It could be a setting on the WMS Service provider's side, preventing the service from being embedded or used on another organization's website. Make a GetCapabilities request in a web browser with the developer tools open and look through the header information for anything that looks like policies restricting use outside of their domain to confirm this.

Erdem_Yurdakul
New Contributor II

I thought the same yesterday. I'll try to contact the provider today. If I can't get any solution from there, then I'll ask help from Esri Technical Support. Thank you both.

Best Regards

Erdem

0 Kudos