Can I Use the License Manager 2021 with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1?

Jump to solution
07-06-2021 12:02 PM
EmilyL
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I'd like to install the ArcGIS Pro 2.8, which requires License Manager 2021, but I'm still running ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1.  Would the License Manager 2021 work with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1?

Thank you,

Emily

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you mean "if you can have both ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 and ArcGIS License Manager 2021 (For ArcGIS Pro Concurrent Use) residing in the same machine"?

The answer would be "Yes", as long as they both satisfy the minimum system configuration. 

Think Location

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

License Manager is for desktop software (concurrent licenses for ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro and extensions), so it does not have to be running at all for Enterprise.

EmilyL
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply!  It's still a bit confusing to me after finding this link https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm  So, do we need to worry about which license manager we use for ArcGIS Pro along with ArcGIS Enterprise?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you mean "if you can have both ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 and ArcGIS License Manager 2021 (For ArcGIS Pro Concurrent Use) residing in the same machine"?

The answer would be "Yes", as long as they both satisfy the minimum system configuration. 

Think Location
EmilyL
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos