Can I link my States Open Data site to my Portal

01-16-2020 10:17 AM
DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III

My State has a Open Data Portal that many agencies feed into; is there a way to have my portal consume all of the shared services into my Living Atlas section feed?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello David Wright

It is possible to bring other services into portal as long as that service is in a supported format. You can add an item from the web from the content page.

Add items—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

• ArcGIS Server web service 
  • WMS
  • WMTS
  • WFS
  • KML

You could then specificity your open data service as feature content on the portal home page and or the portal gallery.

Configure gallery—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Configure home page—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
DEWright_CA

Hi Thomas Jones‌, I am looking for something a little more direct; what you mention would require harvesting all content/links and loading it separately into my Portal instance. This creates redundancy and also seems to break with the #ESRI idea of being a system of portals.

0 Kudos
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hi David Wright‌,

When you mention 'Open Data Portal' is that a separate Portal for ArcGIS instance? If so you may be able to use a distributed collaboration to share items between the open data portal and your portal. 

About distributed collaboration—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

If you have any questions on collaborations let me know.

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
DEWright_CA

Hi Thomas Jones

The Open-Data-Portal is hosted in AGO and is linking to data from other agencies but shared up to the AGO by our state collaborative; my Enterprise/Portal that I have is internal/non-publicly exposed so I am not sure if a collab would meet the need. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hi David Wright‌,

In order to create a collaboration with ArcGIS Online your portal would need at least outbound access. Portal doesn't necessarily need to be public facing, but portal does need to be able to make request to ArcGIS Online. 

Thanks,

Thomas 

0 Kudos