Can a Hosted Service from Portal be copied to ArcGIS Online using Collaboration

Jump to solution
06-18-2021 02:40 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

my requirement is to copy the data(not referenced one) of hosted service from portal to arcgis online using collaboration. please let me know if there is any possibility.

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello @Anonymous User,

Yes you can share a hosted feature service from Portal for ArcGIS to ArcGIS Online as a copy. The hosted feature service will need to be sync enabled. The portal will also need at least outbound network access to ArcGIS Online. 

Portal for ArcGIS - About sharing feature layer and view data as copies

Thanks,

Thomas

View solution in original post

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Thomas for the info. it will solve my requirement. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello @Anonymous User,

Yes you can share a hosted feature service from Portal for ArcGIS to ArcGIS Online as a copy. The hosted feature service will need to be sync enabled. The portal will also need at least outbound network access to ArcGIS Online. 

Portal for ArcGIS - About sharing feature layer and view data as copies

Thanks,

Thomas

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Thomas for the info. it will solve my requirement. 

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Hello @ThomasJones1 

I'm trying to do exactly this also. I already have a successful 1-way collaboration set up that uses a  hosted feature service accessing referenced data in my portal and syncs out to a copy in AGOL that is hosted within AGOL.

However, now I'm trying to setup a 2-way collaboration I end up with a feature service on either end that references data. I want the AGOL side to be a copy and hosted only within AGOL. 

When publishing the original feature service to portal I enable 'sync'. However, after sharing into the collbaoration group and letting it sync to AGOL, the new copy is still referencing the server REST URL. 

How do I get the AGOL copy to be a true, hosted copy?

0 Kudos
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hi @ahargreaves_FW ,

There could be a number of reasons why your feature service is shared as a reference rather than a copy. Bi-direction sync is supported starting at ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9. So I would recommend making sure your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment it at a version that support bi-directional sync. 

It sounds like initially you were able to share a hosted feature service as a copy to ArcGIS Online. If you've enabled two way sharing and your collaboration supports that functionality edits from the hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online will be synced back to the portal feature layer. 

Currently I would recommend focusing on troubleshooting the share as copy failure when sharing your portal feature layer to ArcGIS Online.

• Review the Portal for ArcGIS logs post sync.
  • Review sync status from the portal organization collaboration settings. 
  • Reach out to Esri support for assistance with troubleshooting.

I also wanted to include our distributed collaboration FAQ document that can help with some common problems and questions.

Potal for ArcGIS - Frequently asked questions about distributed collaboration 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos