Cache stops processing before tile generation is complete

11-13-2013 05:25 AM
MarkRankin
New Contributor II
Hello All,

I have caches created and when I go to update them using the "Manage Map Server Cache Tiles" to RECREATE_ALL_TILES the cache will start processing and updating tiles but then will stop creating any new tiles but will show that the tool is still processing.

Fortunately or unfortunately on occation a cache will process correctly which really confuses me. 

We are using Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 and are on ArcGIS Server 10.1.

Thanks for any help,
Mark
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
How taxed is your server when you're generating the cache?  Is CPU and RAM maxed out or is the server still generally healthy?  How's your disk space; is there enough storage capacity for the anticipated tiles? 

When you say that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, for the times where it doesn't work are you certain that the previous attempt to create the cache tiles has been completely terminated?  There may still be ArcSOC processes running on your machine that have not been released properly, thus preventing subsequent cache processes to never complete or start properly.  Between cache creation attempts, try restarting the ArcGIS Server service or SOM first.
0 Kudos