Select to view content in your preferred language

Cache Failing

Jump to solution
09-17-2015 11:42 AM
SonyaCowper
Emerging Contributor

Trying to create a cache for our map services.  No matter which map service I pick, it always bails out at 1 hour and 5 minutes.  I'm getting ERROR 001470, and ERROR code:201.  Using ArcGIS Server for 10.3.  I have tried this on a few different map services and each time it bails at 1 hour and 5 minutes. 

Any thoughts on where to look to see why I am being kicked out after just a hour?  I'm at a loss. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
SonyaCowper
Emerging Contributor

I've made it pass the 1hour 5min mark.  Very exciting!  And it's still running.  Hoping the identity store issue solved me problems.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

oh good. Good luck and fyi for caching 10.3.1 is very stable if you can update

0 Kudos
SonyaCowper
Emerging Contributor

Does each map service ArcSoc EXE take up less RAM?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

no its not that its that esri stabalized the tcp/ip communication that server uses to move files around the site machines and directories, I think.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Dave:

Just a quick aside on caching and v10.3.1.  Are you using an Oracle database to store your feature class data for caching?  If so, do you have a RAC environment?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

No Michael, I'm not. We push out our entire Production (SQL Server 2012) feature classes to a file gdb via python after our weekly replication posts.The file gdb resides in a stage directory on my mahcine. A scheduled task then stops the arcServer.exe process on each site machine and a second scheduled task overwrites the file gdb in the data-store shared location via windows xcopy.  The copy and extract from production to stage takes like 35 mins, the xcopy to data store takes like 35 seconds

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Dave.  I was just curious before my organization was having cache issues at v10.2.2 against an Oracle 12c RAC database (even with the patch), which appears to have been remedied by upgrading to v10.3.1.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

That's good to know.  I know Jeff Pace​ was having some issues, they're an Oracle shop as well

0 Kudos