Authorised ArcGIS 10.3.1 Portal doesn't think its authorised

Jump to solution
01-04-2017 05:42 PM
HeathMaconachie1
New Contributor II

I just applied a new authorisation code to my federated ArcGIS 10.3.1 server with Portal and now Portal thinks its not authorised, although the software authorisation wizard said I was successful with the authentication.

Now I cannot access Portal, all the map and feature services and all the imagery.

Has anyone had this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeathMaconachie1
New Contributor II

Ok, got the answer for this one.

When the 10.5 ECP code was authorised, it was added to the keycodes files in C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.3\sysgen.

As a 10.5 code isn't backwards compatible, subsequently my Portal went down.

I then was issued a 10.4.1 code which I was told was backwards compatible to 10.3.1.

This was also added to the keycodes file but the server could still not recognise this code and thought 10.5 code was the one I was trying to use.

The answer was deleting the 10.5 line out of the keycodes file and running the 10.4.1 ECP code again.

There are other posts about the syntax of the keycodes file on the net. Its very easy to understand what needs to be altered so the server reads the keycodes file correctly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
HeathMaconachie1
New Contributor II

Ok, got the answer for this one.

When the 10.5 ECP code was authorised, it was added to the keycodes files in C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.3\sysgen.

As a 10.5 code isn't backwards compatible, subsequently my Portal went down.

I then was issued a 10.4.1 code which I was told was backwards compatible to 10.3.1.

This was also added to the keycodes file but the server could still not recognise this code and thought 10.5 code was the one I was trying to use.

The answer was deleting the 10.5 line out of the keycodes file and running the 10.4.1 ECP code again.

There are other posts about the syntax of the keycodes file on the net. Its very easy to understand what needs to be altered so the server reads the keycodes file correctly.