Are bundle files / cache storage interchangable between server & image server?

02-19-2015 10:33 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I want to transfer & republish cache files (bundle) from a 10.3 Server using image service to a 10.1 site using standard cached service.  The reason i am taking this approach is that it is a large aerial imagery service & attempting to avoid the need to recache locally (i.e. attempting to tranfer cache).

I attempted to do this but without success (supplied with bundle files only (not config.xml etc); i was to recreate the cache services & simply place bundle files in relevant zoom level folders; this unfortunately did not work.

I am surprised by this - is there any difference in bundle file format between these versions?

Brad

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferMcCall4
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Brad,

I believe the cache files are interchangeable, however, the compact cache format in 10.3 is different than previous versions of ArcGIS Server.  Because you are using the 10.3 cache in a 10.1 service, the service is unable to read the new cache format.

Assuming you are using the compact cache format - a solution is to export the cache from the 10.3 service, and the resulting bundle files will be in the old compact cache format.  This will be compatible with the 10.1 service.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jenn,

Thanks for the info..

Are you inferring the export of the compact bundle is compatible at 10.1 (i know you have said this but just wanted to check).

Thanks in advance...

Brad

0 Kudos
JenniferMcCall4
Occasional Contributor III

In theory it should be compatible.

I have previously exported my 10.3 cache and it was compatible with 10.2.x.  I don't believe that cache format changed between 10.1 and 10.2.x, so it should work.

0 Kudos