ArcSDE View not working

04-01-2015 02:19 AM
MicheleDe_Santis
New Contributor

Hi to all,

I created a ArcSDE 9.3 View with the command line "sdetable –o create_view ...." some month ago. In ArcCatalog I can see the table preview, but not the geography preview. This view is published in a ArcGIS Server 10.1 service, so the polygons are not visible in my web application. When I  created, this view works fine. What can i do to see the polygons in the view?.I would greatly appreciate any feedback you could give me.

Hi michele

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michele,

Did you include the 'SHAPE' field when you created the view?

0 Kudos
MicheleDe_Santis
New Contributor

Thank you Jake,

yes, this is the command that i used:

sdetable -o create_view -T INFO_VAS_PIANI_COM_CATASTO -t XXXX.SIT_VAS01G_PIANI_COM_CATASTO,XXXX.TNO_CODICEUNICO_VAS -c "XXXX.SIT_VAS01G_PIANI_COM_CATASTO.OBJECTID,XXXX.SIT_VAS01G_PIANI_COM_CATASTO.CODICE_PRATICA,XXXX.SIT_VAS01G_PIANI_COM_CATASTO.ORIGINE,XXXX.SIT_VAS01G_PIANI_COM_CATASTO.COMUNE,XXXX.SIT_VAS01G_PIANI_COM_CATASTO.SHAPE,XXXX.TNO_CODICEUNICO_VAS.OGGETTO,XXXX.TNO_CODICEUNICO_VAS.AREA_CODICE,XXXX.TNO_CODICEUNICO_VAS.ENTE_CODICE,XXXX.TNO_CODICEUNICO_VAS.CODICE_UNIVOCO_VAS" -a "OBJECTID,CODICE_PRATICA,ORIGINE,COMUNE,SHAPE,OGGETTO,AREA_CODICE,ENTE_CODICE,CODICE_UNIVOCO_VAS" -w "XXXX.SIT_VAS01G_PIANI_COM_CATASTO.CODICE_PRATICA=XXXX.TNO_CODICEUNICO_VAS.CODICE_CIVILIA" -i sde:oracle10g:/:XXXX -u XXXX -p XXXX@dbistance

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Even back at 9.3 (which is now retired), the best way to create views was to use SQL to generate the view itself, then use 'sdelayer -o register' to register the view.  This allows for various validation checks, including a SQL query on the registered rowid column (e.g., OBJECTID), to make sure that it contains unique values, and an 'sdetable -o describe' to verify that the rowid column type is mapping to the SE_INT32 datatype.

The only justification for using 'sdetable -o create_view' is the use of SDEBINARY storage (which was deprecated by Oracle's deprecation of LONG RAW) or SDELOB, neither of which was as flexible as SDE.ST_GEOMETRY.

Given the existance of a 10.1 AGS service, I would strongly urge you to move your geodatabase to a supported install (and make sure that SP1 and the follow-on patches have been applied).

- V

0 Kudos