ArcSDE 10.2 Underlying DBMS error.  Numeric value out of range.

Jump to solution
08-12-2013 10:22 AM
deleted-user-p0IjIb5QrUbx
New Contributor II
We have been getting an ???Underlying DBMS error.  Numeric value out of range.??? Error when we try to select features from data in ArcSDE 10.2 (SQL Server 2008 R2) after upgrading to ArcGIS 10.2.
I have figured out that it is the numeric fields with the default precision and scale (38 precision, 8 scale.)
If I delete those fields, everything works fine.  If I make a new field with a lower precision/scale it works.
If I create a new field with the default precision/ scale it errors as soon as I calculate the values.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor II
It turned out that I did not have the latest greatest version of the 64 bit sql server client.
Downloaded one from the sql server site and everything seems to be working fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
New Contributor II
It turned out that I did not have the latest greatest version of the 64 bit sql server client.
Downloaded one from the sql server site and everything seems to be working fine now.
0 Kudos
JeremyWilliams
New Contributor II
Same here, feature pack for sql server 2008 service pack 3 specifically.  32 or 64bit.
0 Kudos
ChristopherWhatley
New Contributor
Thanks, guys.  A fresh download of the client worked for me as well.
0 Kudos
MikeWelch
New Contributor II
This worked for me too - thanks!

I also wanted to add the the following options also yielded the same "numeric value out of range" error in case others have similar problems:

• Selecting features by attributes or manually

• Trying to create a layer package

• Trying to open a layers attribute table

• Identifying - did not error, but did not select any features

0 Kudos
Thinhdaihiep
New Contributor

Hi, I have same your issue, the no problem when connect from arcgis 10.7.1

0 Kudos