ArcGIS Server with arcgispro-py3

03-05-2019 03:23 AM
Jack_Zhang
Occasional Contributor

Hi

there're some functions seems only be available in the Arcpy come with ArcGIS Pro (arcgispro-py3), for example AddFields_management. we have arcgis server 10.6.1, and I'm wondering whether it is possible to publish python script has this kind of functions as a geoprocessing service. My understanding is 10.6.1 use Python 2.7 and its arcpy model doesn't have the functions you can find in Pro. Doesn't mean it is not possible, or i have to manually import the module to the server and config the path etc.?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LynseyBlackburn
Esri Contributor

Hey Jack, 

You can use Python to publish a geoprocessing service to a stand-alone server from ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and later. Please see the following documentation: Publish web tools in a Python script—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

If you have server federated with an ArcGIS Enterprise Portal, you can share this web tool directly from the geoprocessing job history in ArcGIS Pro. 

0 Kudos
Jack_Zhang
Occasional Contributor

hi Lynsey, thanks for the suggestion. I have no problem to publish a geoprocessing service to our server. However, my challenge is, some of the arpcy functions that only available under the Python 3.x version, (e.g. AddFields_magagments, which allows adding multiple fields to a feature class at one time) is not available on the ArcGIS Server (10.6.1) that we have. I still can't see how will publish a gp service using Python script can fix that.

0 Kudos
LynseyBlackburn
Esri Contributor

Is this a standalone ArcGIS Server or are you federated with Portal?

0 Kudos