ArcGIS Server Properties Dialog

Jump to solution
01-15-2018 08:45 AM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

All

Once you publish a service to your arcgis server and you right click it within the catalog window in arcmap...

there is an option called "Service Properties" - please see the screenshots attached.

I was wondering if this is a "live" reflection of the settings of the service that is published to server?

If so, there is a huge disconnect between what is actually been cached and what this UI is tell the user is cached and available.

thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

It looks like the service configuration file on disk is updated:

Ex.

C:\arcgisserver\config-store\services\SampleWorldCities.MapServer\SampleWorldCities.MapServer.json

Under the "properties" key, the minScale and maxScale will be updated:

"properties": {

"minScale": "250000000",
    "maxScale": "640000000",
  }

If this is supposed to be automated, what I would do is edit the setting in Manager and then monitor the requests. It edits the service through the Admin API, which returns a jobID which can be used to check the status of the job.  Once it completes, all UI's should honor the correct cache levels.

I'm not sure how it would have gotten out of sync though. Do you see this for every service? Is this a recently upgraded environment? Not sure what the catalyst would have been.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

What is the disconnect?  Did you cache at different scales than what the UI is showing?  Is the disk space usage off?

That UI should be making a request to the service information through the Admin API.  The Admin API retrieves the results from the service configuration files on disk, so the files on disk would be incorrect as well.

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

We have published a service that all levels have a cache (0-19)

for some reason, that dialog window is only showing us that there are levels (7-17) available. this is also the case with the "manage map server cache tiles" tool dialog.

im not sure why we have levels 0-19 cached but everything with ESRI is telling us we only have levels 7-17.

thanks

dave

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

What does it show at REST?  Does it show all expected levels? Can you drag the slider to cover all scales?

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

yes the REST shows all levels, and yes, we can move the slider which then allows all levels to be accessed.

we are automating the process (manually moving sliders is not an option), which has worked for a very long time and now all of a sudden were having problems. back to my original question...Are the following UIs within arcmap intended to be a true representation of what is published to server:

which files would fall under "service configuration files on disk"?

thanks

dave

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

It looks like the service configuration file on disk is updated:

Ex.

C:\arcgisserver\config-store\services\SampleWorldCities.MapServer\SampleWorldCities.MapServer.json

Under the "properties" key, the minScale and maxScale will be updated:

"properties": {

"minScale": "250000000",
    "maxScale": "640000000",
  }

If this is supposed to be automated, what I would do is edit the setting in Manager and then monitor the requests. It edits the service through the Admin API, which returns a jobID which can be used to check the status of the job.  Once it completes, all UI's should honor the correct cache levels.

I'm not sure how it would have gotten out of sync though. Do you see this for every service? Is this a recently upgraded environment? Not sure what the catalyst would have been.

DaveTenney

sorry for the delay in response...

you were right!

we went in and looked at those json files and noticed that they were out of since with the min/max levels. so we adjusted our python scripts to actually define those levels and we now have all layers!

thanks for the help.

dave